Insured event under the Green Card policy

How to contact us:



Call the INGO contact center directly from the scene

1. Instructions on how to act in the event of an insured event

The Green Card system works in all European countries, but each has its own national laws. To avoid complications in the event of an accident, we strongly advise you to follow our recommendations:

  1. Help the victims

If there are victims in an accident, first of all, provide them with the necessary first aid and contact a doctor

  1. Notify us about the accident

Regardless of who is at fault, report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible.

  1. Call the police

Call the police and do not leave the scene until they arrive.

If there are only 2 vehicles involved in the accident, both drivers agree with the circumstances of the accident, there are no injured people, and the damage to the cars is not significant, you do not need to call the police, and the accident can be registered using the Europrotocol. Do not change the position of the car until the accident is recorded

  1. Only sign documents that are clear to you

Do not sign any documents whose content you do not understand. If this is unavoidable, indicate in the document in Ukrainian that you do not understand the content and language of the document.

  1. Take a photo of the car

Take a photo of the accident scene, damage to all vehicles and other property by enabling geolocation data on your smartphone or making a video from the accident scene.

  1. Get the data of the participants

Write down the personal data of the other parties to the accident, namely

driver's name and surname, driver's license series and number, contact phone number, insurance company name and policy number. If there are any witnesses, their information and contacts.

  1. Take photos of the documents

Take a picture of all the documents that were drawn up at the scene of the accident (police report, Europrotocol, etc.).

  1. Give a copy of your policy to the police or the victim
  • If you believe that you are the culprit of the accident, give the police or another party to the accident your 2nd copy of the Green Card policy.
  • If you believe you are the victim, insist that the person responsible for the accident provide you with a copy of their insurance policy (or information about it) and notify their insurer of the accident from the scene by phone.

2. Documents required to settle the event

  1. Explanation of the circumstances of the accident (this form must be printed, filled in, signed, dated and its photo/scanned copy sent to us)
  1. Copy of the T3 registration certificate
  2. A copy of the driver's license / temporary registration card for the right to drive
  3. Copy of the accident scheme, explanations, administrative protocol
  4. Europrotocol (if the accident was registered without the participation of the police)
  5. Court decision certified with a wet seal (upon agreement)

How to apply?

Prepare the necessary documents and send them to the email address (in the subject line of the email, be sure to indicate your insurance case number received from the contact center when registering an insured event by phone).
You can also submit documents through the form «Reimbursement Request Form» (below). In this case, be sure to indicate your correct e-mail address for the possibility of feedback communication from INGO.

4. What shouldn't be done?

  • Leave the scene of an accident without consulting the insurer's contact center (if only property was damaged). Ignore the need to contact the contact center
  • Do not coordinate your actions with the INGO contact center
  • Repair the damaged vehicle until it is inspected by an INGO representative
  • Give anyone, except police officers, copies of your Green Card international insurance contract to avoid becoming a victim of fraud.

The insurer pays the insurance indemnity within 15 days from the date of approval of the amount of this indemnity, provided that all necessary documents are available, but not later than 90 days after receipt of the relevant application