Liability of water transport owners (P&I)

For 30 years, INGO has been protecting the property interests of Ukrainian and foreign shipowners and operators of water transport. Get compensation for property losses in case of your liability to third parties during the operation of the vessel
Send a request
Liability of water transport owners (P&I)
What can be insured
What can be insured
Send a request
We provide insurance coverage in case of liability:
  • To individuals: crew members and third parties who are not crew members
  • For collisions with other vessels
  • For loss, damage or destruction of property of third parties
  • For damage to fixed and floating objects
  • For environmental pollution
  • Other risks accepted in the international practice of shipowners' liability insurance
Additional protection
Send a request


In addition to the main coverage, it is possible to insure:
  • Time charterer's liability (TCL cover)
  • Human rights insurance (FD&D)

Benefits of insurance in INGO

Experience and compliance
Many years of experience in marine risk insurance. The insurance contract complies with both the terms of the current legislation of Ukraine and international marine insurance regulations
Reliable protection
Extensive insurance coverage and cooperation with leading reinsurance companies in Western Europe and Lloyd's markets, which guarantees compensation for losses
Optimal insurance conditions
Ability to adapt insurance programs to the specifics of your vessel's operation and choose the best insurance contract terms for you
The level of financial stability of INGO
outlook - «Evolving»
Frequently asked questions
In this section, we have collected the most frequently asked questions from our clients. If you do not find the information you are interested in, please use the feedback form.
Frequently asked questions

Is it possible to choose partial risk coverage under the contract?

Yes, you can choose either full P&I coverage or limited P&I coverage from the list of risks you need.

What documents are required to apply for a policy?

  • certificate of registration of the vessel;
  • classification documents;
  • technical passport for water transport;
  • identification data of the shipowner/operator.

Who can enter into an insurance contract?

An insurance contract may be concluded by shipowners (legal entities, individuals, business entities) who legally own, use or dispose of a ship.

Who can act as a beneficiary under the agreement?

The beneficiaries may be third parties who may suffer damage due to the Insured's unintentional fault and to whom the Insured incurs civil liability.

What territory does the insurance cover?

The insurance coverage shall extend to the whole world, including inland waterways of Ukraine, in accordance with the restrictions of the Register class/ Vessel class, except for the territories specified in the contract (for example, war zones, occupied territories, certain countries, etc.)

Is it possible to cover war risks?

Coverage of war risks is possible outside the territory of Ukraine and is considered individually.

We recommend
Water transport insurance
More details
Insurance of small vessels, boats, yachts
More details
Cargo insurance
More details
Insurance of alternative energy
More details